AETNA RISING STAR AWARD
This award will recognize a nonprofit generating under $5 million in revenue for its outstanding innovation, impact, and achievements in meeting its mission. The award will be given to an organization who demonstrates an outstanding record of sustained achievement, has successfully demonstrated successful financial performance, and has built a reputation for excellence within the community.
ALLIANT INSURANCE SERVICES, INC. LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE AWARD
This award recognizes an exemplary nonprofit leader (who may be an Executive Director, board member, staff member, volunteer, etc.) whose accomplishments have advanced his/her organization. The leader must work in and reside in any of the NYC boroughs. This is not about traditional volunteering, directors, or funding, but focuses on innovation in driving organizational change and social impact.
CERINI & ASSOCIATES SOCIAL IMPACT AWARD
This award will be given to a nonprofit that measures success not just by meeting its mission, but by affecting the surrounding community. Impact goes beyond the number of children served, shelters provided, and mouths fed. Impact looks at how the organization impacted the New York City community as a whole, and how the results have been measured.
THE CLAIRE FRIEDLANDER FAMILY FOUNDATION ARTS & CULTURE AWARD
This award is available to any arts and/or cultural organization that has had a significant impact in New York City. This includes organizations that have had a significant, measurable impact on their community, developed new and/or innovative programming, developed effective fee-generating programs, or have demonstrated outstanding achievement in their artistic and/or cultural field.
FLAGSTAR BANK FAN FAVORITE AWARD
Each finalist is automatically entered into the voting pool to win the $3,000 Fan Favorite Award. Voting typically runs for 3 weeks in August/September. The public can vote daily via social media and each finalist is encouraged to share the link. The finalist with the most votes is declared the “Fan Favorite” and is announced LIVE at the event.
*NEW* JPMORGAN CHASE DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION & ACCESSIBILITY (DEIA) AWARD
This award recognizes an organization for prioritizing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and/or Accessibility within its mission OR within its programming to deepen and expand its DEIA impact and to strive to build DEIA into program design and delivery, staff recruitment and engagement, volunteerism, and donor engagement. The organization needs to show that DEIA is a primary focus and how the organization is effectively addressing DEIA issues through its programming and its organizational culture (from the top down).
ONEGROUP INNOVATION AWARD
This nonprofit has been innovative in adopting new platforms that have led to a significant increase in the organization’s ability to meet its mission. This could include the implementation of technology that enables the organization to achieve cost savings and better communication; a strategic approach to fundraising; a unique and effective public relations campaign; etc.
YEAR 2 WINNERS (2022)
- AETNA RISING STAR AWARD: Family Legal Care
- ALLIANT INSURANCE SERVICES, INC. LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE AWARD: Dr. Melony Samuels, CEO & Founder – The Campaign Against Hunger (TCAH)
- CERINI & ASSOCIATES SOCIAL IMPACT AWARD: New York Common Pantry
- CLAIRE FRIEDLANDER FAMILY FOUNDATION ARTS & CULTURE AWARD: Education Through Music
- ONEGROUP INNOVATION AWARD: RIP Medical Debt
- WEBSTER BANK FAN FAVORITE AWARD: The Campaign Against Hunger (TCAH)
YEAR 1 WINNERS (2021)
- AETNA RISING STAR AWARD: ALD Alliance
- ALLIANT INSURANCE SERVICES, INC. LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE AWARD: Rachel Lloyd, CMG, Founder & CEO – Girls Educational & Mentoring Services (GEMS)
- CERINI & ASSOCIATES SOCIAL IMPACT AWARD: City Harvest
- CERINI & ASSOCIATES FAN FAVORITE AWARD: FABSCRAP, INC
- CLAIRE FRIEDLANDER FAMILY FOUNDATION ARTS & CULTURE AWARD: Museum of the City of New York
- NONPROFIT RESOURCE HUB INNOVATION AWARD: Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC)